web analytics

Grants for Disabled People

Grants for disabled people offer financial help to folks who are facing some sort of disability issue. In the United States, millions of people are disabled and most of them are eligible for grants. However, getting a grant is not very easy like filling a form. Only a small percentage of people who submit proposal for grants get necessary help. Writing a persuasive and convincing grant letter is essential in order to win the confidence of the sponsor organization in order to be considered for the grant. You must explain what you will do with the grant money in the grant proposal in a detailed manner. Grants are not simply offered to those who are disabled and need finance for any reason. Even if you write a good reason explaining why you must be approved for the grant, it is not necessary that your grant proposal will get approved. The chances of approval are enhanced, if you explain how you will use the grant funds.

Each of the grants come with certain requirements which are required to be fulfilled; failing to do so can result in elimination. Word count, proper formatting of the proposal, deadlines etc are some of the common requirements which must be accomplished in a satisfactory manner. Most of the folks feel uneasy to write a grant proposal and hence, call upon professional writers for help. However, it is essential to search through the private as well as public grants available for a specific cause before writing a grant proposal. Certain grants are particularly meant for seniors, whereas other grants are available for children. Similarly, some grants are meant for any individual with a proven disability.

Both private as well as public organizations have made it compulsory for applicants to submit a completed application form as the first step. Usually, federal government offers public grants, and every state has grant funds. A Supplemental Security Income (SSI) which is offered to disabled individuals with little or no assets and low income is the most popular grant. In addition to this, the disability must come in the category allowable by the federal government for funding. Applying and getting approved for SSI is a very long process and it often take years to receive grants.

Disabled students who are seeking help for paying their college fees have to complete the student financial aid forms like other students. Then they have to apply for grants which will also assist them in getting their baccalaureate degree. In many cases, it is necessary that a student is accepted in a college before he applies for grants. Since all private colleges as well as Government Universities provide grants to students in some form or the other, it is a better idea to check this resource as well.

Housing grants are basically in the form of cash rewards which are meant to be used as a down payment on a home. Folks who have lost their homes due to floods and similar events can take the benefit of housing vouchers. Disabled people who have no assets and have very low income are eligible for grants under section 8. Qualified individuals can get an apartment in government owned buildings that require zero or low monthly rental. Disabled individuals who wish to apply for housing grants from private organizations can find corporations who assist folks with low income. The same is applicable to individuals who need a vehicle to visit a doctor or go to work or for any good reason and no public transportation is available in the area.

9 Responses

  1. richard craig
    richard craig January 27, 2013 at 4:05 am | | Reply

    asking about any grants for seniors that are disabled and confined to a wheelchair. please email any literature, application.
    Hopefully the applications for the grants can be sent via email and applications can be made online.

    thank you

    richard craig

  2. annette turner
    annette turner August 12, 2013 at 9:36 pm | | Reply

    I would like to know if the free grants apply to medically disabled also. I would like to go to law school and obtain a jd degree so I’m wondering if you can help me..

  3. Muriel King
    Muriel King January 10, 2014 at 6:52 pm | | Reply

    I am a 67 years old woman. I live alone. I receive $1052 of social security monthly. My mortgage and bills exceed this amount. I have several home repairs that I am unable to afford. Mold and mildew, a leaking roof, windows that need replacement, and plumbing problem. I need help. I cannot pay this back.

  4. Hannah Wallace
    Hannah Wallace April 2, 2014 at 6:19 pm | | Reply

    Hello I am seeking a free grant money to replace my old home for a new one. I was receiving SSI but because I still owned my home but is not liveable thats why I moved, they consider that as market value. SSI took my check therefore I am seeking funds to replace my old home for a new home and just go back home. That’s all I want to do I am 71 years and disabled.Please contact me soon asap. Thank you.

  5. Dwight Napier
    Dwight Napier June 10, 2014 at 11:55 pm | | Reply

    Who do I need to speak with to be lead in the right direction to get help with grant for opening a small business as well as grants for a car and for housing. I am homeless with no transportation to go toy doctors appointments or even get to the grocery. Please advise me as to what steps I need to take as soon as possible. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you & God bless

  6. Pearlie Sanders
    Pearlie Sanders December 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm | | Reply

    I live alone on social security disability, I get $1,056, my
    mortgage is $630.00 per month this is not including all
    the other bills. I use a scooter I live in rual area as I stated
    before I need repairs done to the car/tires, my mortgage is
    one month behind because part of my income may when I
    turned 65. This is the reason I need the free grant, I would
    appreicate this so very much and this can help my depression
    also.Thank You.

  7. Arlen Swanner
    Arlen Swanner April 14, 2015 at 12:26 am | | Reply

    I am a 66yr. old disabled veteran and I need help. I currently support my wife who is 69yrs. old, my son, daughter-in-law, and grandson who is 20 mo. old. We all live in the same house, which has a leaking roof, bad wiring and flooring. My house is not handicap accessible and has no wheel chair exit out the back in case of fire. I cannot afford to fix any of this. Do you know anyone who can help me?

  8. Jacque
    Jacque May 1, 2015 at 8:48 pm | | Reply

    Hello, I am 52 years young and on disability. I have a dream of owning my own dessert truck. It would be a traditional ice cream truck during the day. After a break from 4:30 to 6:30 I reemerge with delicious desserts of all kinds delivered to those struggling with the moonlight munchies. I have put a lot of thought into parking spots and timing. I had a partner who was going to pony up the bulk of the money. He got a DUI and is now in prison. Attempts to find another partner have been unsuccessful mostly because I don’t have a lot of money. I have some really good ideas and a super positive attitude, is there anyone out there who would like to invest in me?

  9. mike
    mike February 15, 2016 at 2:18 am | | Reply

    Hi.my name is Mike I get 700 a month I am trying to fine some help.if you can help seen me a email.thinks.

Leave a Reply